President, Venice Communications
A great marketing company has a lot in common with a great musical act. It takes different people with different talents working together, listening to each other, hitting the right notes, staying on the beat and playing their hearts out to grab and hold an audience.
But that’s just part of the performance. What goes on behind the scenes – the talent that’s never seen but makes sure everything looks and sounds terrific and runs smoothly – is just as important.
Venice Communications gets it. After all, the boss has been on the international music stage. She understands the magic that happens when strong talents collaborate, and that’s how she has built her company.
What does all this mean for our clients? Strategy that captivates. Storytelling that sings….businesses grow. Communications that sing. Messaging that rocks. And results that keep the fans screaming for more.
Venice Communications shapes change through strategic marketing. We bring together the best people in their discipline to build a creative communications company for the 21st century. In everything we do, our goal is to help our clients thrive.
To meet that goal, we constantly measure our progress. That way, both we and our clients can see how we’re doing at every step. In the end, there are no surprises, just successes. And we have the affiliations, clients and awards to back that statement up.
At Venice Communications, we like accountability. It keeps everyone on track and provides the information we need to continually improve our services.
Here are the questions we ask ourselves as we carry out our work for our clients:
- Does our campaign help build credibility and awareness?
- With how many stakeholders have we been able to build consensus?
- Have the messages we’ve created helped prospects understand the value of our client’s proposition?
- Have our messages been clear enough to show our client’s prospects how they can save time and money?
- Has the brand messaging helped change audience attitudes?
- Have we been successful at creating integrated programs that show a strong ROI for our client?
- Enterprising Woman of the Year: Enterprising Woman Magazine
- Kansas Women Business Advocate of the Year: Kansas Dept of Commerce
- BMA “Best in Show” - Berkley Riverfront PR & Brand Campaign
- GOLD Prism Awards: Berkley Riverfront PR & Brand Campaign Launch, Integrated Campaign, & Media Kit
- BMA Fountain Award: Video, DST
- NATIONAL TELLY AWARD: Online 3D Animation Video, DST
- International Stevie Award: Modern Streetcar Party, Community Event, KCRTA
- Gold Prism Award: Community Event, KCRTA Modern Streetcar Party
- Gold Prism Award: Media Relations, Lyric Opera of Kansas City
- Gold Prism Award: Media Relations, Bonefish Grill
- Silver Prism Award: Best Media Kit, Senior PGA, TD Waterhouse Championship
- International Economic Development Council, 2008 Excellence in Economic Development Awards Honorable Mention: General Brochure, Overland Park Chamber
- Missouri Economic Development Council Winner: Strategic Marketing Campaign, St. Joseph Area Chamber of Commerce
- American Agricultural Marketing Association: Best Media Relations & Media Kit Campaign, Midwest Dairy Council
- Senior PGA, Best Marketing Collateral Campaign, TD Waterhouse Championship
- Business Marketing Association, Fountain Award: Integrated Marketing Campaign, Mayer Hoffman McCann
- AAM Marketing Award; 1st Place: Niche Building Campaign, Mayer Hoffman McCann
- Downtown Council Board Member
- Downtowners – Past Board President (Kansas City, Missouri)
- Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce Ambassador
- Folly Theater, Board Member
- Kansas City Regional Transit Alliance Board Member
- Overland Park Economic Development Council
- Public Relations Society of America